Last Updated: 03/01/2023
The PocketPoints WorkPlace App Privacy Notice (Employee Version)
This Privacy Notice (the “Privacy Notice”) describes the privacy policies applicable to use of the PocketPoints Workplace (Employee Version) mobile App (the “PocketPoints Workplace App”). As the licensee of the PocketPoints Workplace App, you are referred to in this Privacy Notice as “you” or “your”. Cruze Control Technologies, Inc., a California limited liability company, is the developer of the PocketPoints Workplace App and is referred to in this Privacy Notice as “we”, “us” or “our.”
This Privacy Notice is applicable to each person that licenses the PocketPoints Workplace App and outlines our privacy practices with respect to information that you provide when using the PocketPoints Workplace App, including the ways personal information and data is collected, stored, used and shared. By using the PocketPoints Workplace App, you are acknowledging the terms of this Privacy Notice and consenting to our processing of your information as set forth in this Privacy Notice now and as amended by us from time to time. “Processing” means using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information and transferring it.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE POCKETPOINTS WORKPLACE APP COLLECT?
The PocketPoints Workplace App collects information in the following instances:
- Employer Records: Your employer will know which employees have downloaded the PocketPoints Workplace App. The employer will also know the amount of time you spend on your mobile device during specified hours.
- Mobile Phone Numbers: You are required to provide your phone number for your mobile device when you register and each time you log in. We store your name and phone number in our servers in order to verify your identity.
- Usage Information: Whenever you use the PocketPoints Workplace App, the app transmits to us and/or a third party analytics vendor anonymized usage information, such as the screens or features you access and other similar types of usage information. This information does not identify you personally.
- Device Information: We collect anonymized information about the mobile device on which you have installed the PocketPoints Workplace App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers set by your device operating system, and mobile network information (like your connection type, carrier and region). Please note that the device identifier is hashed so that it cannot be associated with you or your device.
- Support: Support requests are handled via email and our chat function. You are not required to provide your name or other identifying information in order to request support. However, in some jurisdictions, an email address is considered to constitute personal information even if your name is not part of your email address. if you do provide any personal information in connection with a support request, it will be used for support services only.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
The PocketPoints Workplace App uses personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- We match your phone number with the number in our data base to verify your identity.
- When you request support in connection with your use of the PocketPoints Workplace App, we will respond to the email address used in your request or to the information you disclose in your chat session.
- Until such time as your support request is resolved, we will maintain your email address and any other information you provide on our servers.
- When your support request is resolved, we will delete the communications between you and us from our servers, including all personal information contained in such communications. We will not maintain any copies.
We use Usage Information and Device Information in the following ways:
- We use Usage Information and Device Information to gain a better understanding of how the PocketPoints Workplace App is used, such as determining what content and features are most popular, to analyze and track data, and to establish the device characteristics of our users.
- We combine Usage Information and Device Information to create an anonymous database of aggregated information.
- Usage Information and Device Information is completely anonymous and not linked to you. Such information contains a device ID but that ID is hashed so that it cannot be associated with any person or device.
- Your employer may offer incentives based on the amount of time you spend on your mobile device.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can request at any time that we delete all email and chat communications between you and not retain any copies. We will promptly do so. You can make your request to email@example.com.
If your employer notifies us that you are no longer an employee, we will delete all information about you that we are storing.
At your sole discretion, you can allow other employees in your organization to view the time spent on your mobile device to see how you compare. You can enable or disable this option at any time.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share any personal information that we obtain from you with any third party except in the limited circumstances described herein. For example, we will not use your information for marketing purposes nor provide your information to third parties, such as those providing complementary products or services. We may share your information with third parties providing support for the PocketPoints Workplace App.
We use service providers and other third party services to help perform essential business functions on our behalf, such as providing email services. We only share the information that these parties need to provide their services. Use by such third parties for their own purposes of any information collected from you is not permitted.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement.
If legally requested, we may cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties, to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you, including personal information, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims or legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
We allow others to provide analytics services on our behalf across the web and in mobile applications. These entities use hashed device identifiers and other technologies to collect anonymized Usage and Device information.
We are based in the United States and process information in the United States, which may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND RETENTION
We utilize reasonable administrative, physical, and electronic measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information. Information is stored internally and only those individuals with a need to know have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
We retain personally identifiable information only for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for such purposes.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information about children who are under 13 years of age.
You may contact us with any questions, requests and support issues at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Know
You may request information regarding the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. If you make a request more than twice in a 12-month period, you may be required to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Before we can respond to any requests for access or deletion of your personal information, we will need to verify that you are who you say you are. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft.
The verification process depends on which type of request you make. For requests to access specific information or requests to delete information, we may require a higher level of verification. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on the information we have already collected. For example, we may ask you to reply from the email address we have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity, we cannot fulfill requests to exercise any rights described above.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on the date indicated above. This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time at our discretion. We will notify you of any material changes by posting the revised Privacy Notice on our Website at https://pocketpoints.com and updating the “Last Updated” date. Your continued use of the PocketPoints Workplace App constitutes your consent to the amended Privacy Notice. You are advised to consult this Privacy Notice regularly for any changes we have made to it.